There are several important issues to consider prior to leasing an office space. Some of these issues are the following:
1. Space: How big is the space?
2. Permissible Use: What can the tenant use the space for? Are there any limits?
3. Lease Terms: Commencement Dates, Rent Abatement, Rights to Terminate
4. Rental Amount: Rent Schedule, Caps on Rent Increases, Primary and Secondary Rental Terms
5. Utilities: Who is responsible for paying the utilities?
6. Repairs and Replacement: Who is responsible?
7. Permits: What certification or licenses are required?
8. Subletting: What are the terms to assigning your lease?
9. Renewal: Can the lease be renewed, and if so, how is the lease renewal triggered?
10. Default: What are the consequences of a breach in the lease?
FOR THE FULL LIST of 30 IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK AND CONSIDER BEFORE SIGNING AN OFFICE LEASE
email us at [email protected] or call us at 844-522 -4LAW.